The European Center of Biotechnology and Bioeconomy (CEBB) is developing a unique methodology covering the whole bioeconomy value chain from the initial processing of biomass to end products, through continuous multidisciplinary dialogue between industry and researchers in material science and social sciences.
On Monday, September 25, the researchers (among them, Caroline Rémond, ValBran’s project manager) presented their work. The seminar was part of the larger framework of the European Biotech Week 2017 organised by Europabio (Sept 25 – Oct 1, 2017).
Theme of this year’s event: “Telling the story of European Biotechnology”
Link to the abstract of the ValBran’s presentation.
Number of participants : 74
- 2.00: Welcome address and introduction
- 2.30: Nicolas BEFORT & Robin GODARD, “Valorisation of byproducts in a bioeconomy; an economic assessment of potential conflict between users and uses”
- 3.00: Caroline REMOND, “ValBran: the valorisation of wheat bran into surfactant molecules”
- 3.30: Julien LEMAIRE, “Purification of pentoses from wheat bran hydrolysates without neutralization for sulfuric acid recovery”
- 3.00: Florent ALLAIS, “Enzymatic extraction of ferulic acid from wheat bran and its valorisation into high value-added (macro)molecules”
- 3.30: Testimonies of industrial and discussion 5:30 PM: Closing address and cocktail reception